Besides the serviecs, already known, for Industrial Communication Networks covering Design, Diagnostics, Commissioning, communication protocols Implementation, compatibility and interoperability tests, GFCC has developed a new service about Industrial Cyber Security Automation.
In this way we will meet the growing and growing demands about Ethernet-based Industrial Automation Networks protection from theats and unwanted software intrusions.
GFCC can give its service of Cyber Security for Industrial Automation Networks, both to improve existing Ethernet-based networks security and to introduce the Security concept already in the desing phase of a new project for an Ethernet-based network or sub-network.
Existing Ethernet-based Industrial Automation networks
GFCC's approach for existing Industrial Automation networks is about:
- Use of a ckeck-list considering all cases included in actual standards and in standards from operation experience.
- Performing a walh-through to verify the network security level
- Drafting of a walk-through report with the goal to provide an evaluation of the actual situation and optional suggestion for possible improvements (weakness identification)
- Deeper analisys of the network structure and of transmitted data, to verify feasibility and convenience to segregate single areas so increasing the deepness of available defense protections
New Ethernet-based networks to create or design
During the design phase GFCC can:
- Evaluate the security standards to be reached
- Evaluate the software risks
- Estimate the possible countermeasures to be taken and their costs, already in the initial phase of the creation of the network layout draft
- Define in the degign phase a network topology and select the hardware and software components for the security standards to be reached
- Realize and put in place the princilpe of inglobating security in system requirements, so avoiding supplementary costs and times for facing the problem after design
- Define procedures for managing network security